The Harlem Gospel Choir Sunday Brunch
B.B. King Blues Club, Set @ 1:30pm; Doors @ 12:30pm
~ The Harlem Gospel Choir ~ On any Sunday you can visit with the Harlem Gospel Choir and enjoy a soul food brunch at B.B. King Blues Club in New York City. Here the Choir brings its experience of Harlem and the Black Church to Times Square in a foot-stomping, hand-clapping show for fans from around the world.
The homestyle all-you-can-eat Southern buffet is guaranteed to fill the hole in your soul, and the Choir’s joyous performance will have you dancing on the stage.
The world-famous Harlem Gospel Choir is the most renowned gospel choir in America and a preeminent gospel choir worldwide. It travels the globe, sharing the joy of faith through its music and raising funds for children’s charities. The Choir was founded in 1986 by Allen Bailey, who got the idea for the Choir while attending a celebration in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the Cotton Club in Harlem. The Choir presents the finest singers and musicians from Harlem’s Black Churches and the New York/Tri-State area.
The Harlem Gospel Choir has shared its message of love and inspiration with thousands of people from various nations and cultures. The Choir strives to make the world a more loving and peaceful place, and through its music and dynamic performances to create a better understanding of the African-American culture and the inspirational music called gospel as it relates to the Black Church. The theme of every performance is “bringing people and nations together and giving something back.”.
The Harlem Gospel Choir’s songs of gospel and inspiration will touch the depths of your soul and lift your spirit to angelic heights, with sounds that are unfettered, joyous, and inspirational. With every performance, the Choir shares the renaissance of Harlem’s culture with the audience. Every performance will take your breath away!
BRUNCH BUFFET MENU – Scrambled eggs
– Smoked bacon & sausage
– Cinnamon brown sugar French toast
– Aged cheddar baked macaroni & cheese
– Baked beans & smoked bacon
– Sliced baked yams w/ pecans & maple syrup
– South Carolina grits
– Classic Caesar salad w/ garlic croutons & shaved Parmesan
– Vegetarian pasta salad w/ basil & olive oil
– Cornmeal-crusted catfish w/ tartar sauce
– Shrimp & andouille sausage jambalaya
– Mild chicken wings w/ blue cheese dressing
– BBQ chicken w/ Memphis-style sauce
– Fresh fruit salad
– Mini bagels w/ cream cheese
– Buttermilk biscuits
– Fruit cobbler w/ pastry crust
– Brownies & chocolate chip cookies
– Orange, cranberry & grapefruit juices
– Coffee & tea